Announcing the YLD Microgrant Program Recipients
- Share This Story
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland announced today its next cohort of Young Leadership Division (YLD) Microgrant Program recipients. Through its Microgrant Program, YLD looks to expand upon the thriving, vibrant Jewish Cleveland young adult community by empowering individuals or groups to create, plan, and host experiences for Jewish Clevelanders ages 22-45.
YLD Microgrant Program recipients may receive up to $1,000 to support their projects per calendar year. YLD Microgrant Program funding is available twice annually, with applications due in July and December.
“For more than three years, the Microgrant Program has helped dozens of Jewish Clevelanders create unique and personalized events for their peers,” said Cameron Orlean, YLD board chair. “So many of these projects have become beloved events within our local Jewish young adult community, and the YLD Board and I are proud to play a part. Our July 2020 recipients really showcase the creativity and depth these programs can provide.”
July 2020 YLD Microgrant Program Recipients:
- Matthew Fieldman of Beachwood will host “Rekindle: Cleveland’s Black Jewish Dialogue Fellowship”
- Jennie Becker of Shaker Heights will host a virtual screening and discussion of “Toxic: A Black Woman’s Story”
- Madison Jackson of Solon will host Global Jewish Pen Pal Program
- Aaron Wolkoff of Beachwood, representing B’nai Jeshurun Congregation’s BJ Atid, will host a virtual paint party by Artist at Heart
- Annie Weinstein of Cleveland, representing Fairmount Young Professionals, will host Jew Years Eve, a social program for young adults during Rosh Hashanah